ini stand with Chuck Turner (& this woman)


I stand with Chuck.
A few years ago, when I first began doing my black connection presentations, I was booked at the Uphams Corner Library one evening & had sent out a broadcast for folks to come and check it out. The staff put me in the basement in a back room (that round one) and the only real participants were the youth from the adjoining children's department with one exception: Councilman Chuck Turner. He came downstairs in the back and found where my artifacts & documents were, shuffled around the tables and then we had a discussion on Africa's influence on Greece with a young kid who was asking alot of questions about history. He said some thoughtful things. I gave thanks for his time. We talked again last year at a Freedom House event at length on the local voting process. So, when Charlietown is being Charlietown: I stand with Chuck.



I also stand with this woman. I don't remember where I got this picture & don't know what she is upset about, but I am with her. (smile)...how she feels, just might be how the otherwise oblivious security guard feels pon im'inside at the end of the video above.

No comments: