Lakota Spirit of Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin said"...I’ve looked over.           And I’ve seen            the promised land." 

pause on that .

pause still   .


[ y'all don't hear me though.  I'm sain 'i know.' Y'all sleep...but we gonna get there, whether you know it or not. ]

On the way to battle [ another ] first peoples...the Lakota, too, stated a 'let go' of their bodies, of their life in a life affirming way*:


Le anpetu kin waste ca mat'in ktelo (this day - it is good - and so I'll die)
Le anpetu kin mat'in kta ca waste (this day - I'll die - and so it is good)
"It's a good day today, so I die/will die"
-> the (day's) quality of goodness *causes* me to die (causation!)
-> the (day's) quality of goodness gives me the idea of dying (motivation) etc.

*poorly (but un-mis-) translated, if you innerstand, as: 
"Today is a good day to die (hard)." ~Babylon (Bruce Willis).


No comments: