Sister KnowKnew

(link)
“…but when you work in this field, you have to be yourself authentically. I don’t want to be anything but an African-American, that’s who I am. And when I talk to you about the issue I have to talk to you as an African-American.

It’s not that I am interested only in African-Americans, but I have to tell you about my life experience as an African-American. It’s not a matter of color, it’s the life experience. And I think it’s very difficult for people of a different life experience not to try to fit me into their pattern of the way they think; they see everything from the way which they are.

That’s why you never hear me say, ‘regardless of race creed and color’. I want to be considered with full regard for my race my creed and my color.”
~Dorothy Height, RIPP

2 comments:

Elizabeth Allen said...

Obama eulogized Ms. Height:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/30/us/politics/30height.html?hp

Elizabeth Allen said...

Nice...

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0ecxcYR9oy82k?q=Michelle-Obama