Poetess Coco

Black Man (my naked truth)
I
am

woman

Strong

due
to circumstances.
vigorously
I
awake
each day
taking life on
with courage
knowing some will try to
discourage
me
periodically
I
grow weary
despite others
theory
I
am
woman
strong
due to
circumstances
I’m
draped
with a smile so
bright at times
no one
observes it
covers my frown
thunderously…
I
laugh
to muffle the
echoing cry of my sometimes
Hollow
spirit
won't you
(black man)
try to understand
why I am the way that I am…
I
don't
believe
I’m superior
though society tries to give
you that impression
maybe
my strength
camouflage my desire to be
received and loved
by you
(black man).
with
faith I believe
one day you will fondly caress my cheek
to remove my war paint (tough skin) applied to survive
this world's obstacles placed
before
us
FINALLY…
then
you'll see
my naked truth…
I NEED YOU!
MaddSistahlyLove!
Coco
©2002
fist bump destee

No comments: