And Then Came Tomorrow


And Then Came Tomorrow
When you see my struggle,
do you realize that it is not my story?
When you hear my story,
do you understand that those are just memories?
And, if you happen to cross paths with those who have betrayed me
can you fathom that they are not my enemies?
You make note of the way i walk
but do you notice that is just what time has did to me
and not how i was born?
See, me is dying but I refuse to mourn
Because today is not over
And I've been favored since way before my mother ever went into labor
Later I grew then I thought I knew the difference between facts and truth
But, seeing aint believing
and believing dont need proof
So, prove to me that I am unworthy
Give me one reason to doubt my father
Dont bother
Because my truth lies in scribes written way before your time
There is where I am defined by ancient lines
written by spiritual minds
as a spirit that defies even the barriers of time lines
I am the path made to brush against the tide
In time you will see
That I am not my destiny
But there is destiny in me
Restlessly as it refuses to sleep
I creep between the pages
rewording the words
and giving face to the faceless
Trying to find meaning in me, so I seek patience
Once i thought my soul was vacant
It felt like I was hollow
And then came tomorrow
Proof of all the time I'd borrowed
News of all that followed
-Karma55 member: destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59574

No comments: