The Day That The Truth Lost His Clothes

One day at the river of knowledge, The Truth and the Lie stood on one side, while a Wiseman stood on the other. The lie was cunning, and admired the clothing of the Truth. The Lie said to the Truth, "Do you see the Wiseman over there watching us? I'll bet you that I can swim over to him faster than you." The Truth said, "Well, I can only do my best, we will just have to see." So they both took off their clothes, and jumped into the river and began to swim toward the other side where the Wiseman sat watching them. The Truth was a very strong swimmer, but the Lie was much swifter. The Lie reached the other side first. The Wiseman asked him, "Who is that swimming in the river?" The Lie said, "It's the Truth, he has always been slower than me." After saying that, the Lie jumped back into the river and began to swim back to the other side. When the Truth finally reached the Wiseman, he stood up and looked back at the river, the Lie was almost halfway back across. The Wiseman said "Who is that swimming in the river?" The Truth said, "Oh, that is the Lie, he has always been swifter than me, but one of these days, I am going to beat him." As the Truth and the Wiseman spoke, they agreed upon many things. The Truth said, "I must return to get my clothes, but I will come to you again." So he jumped back into the river and began to swim stronger than before. When the Truth finally reached the spot where they had left their clothes, the Lie had already taken the Truth's clothes, and left his clothes for the Truth to wear. The Truth looked back to the other side where the Wiseman was watching, and said, "I have been tricked out of my clothes, but I will not wear the clothes of the Lie." The Truth said, "Util I can catch up with the Lie, I will have to go on, as The Naked Truth."
~A.J. Wright

No comments: